Blog

Friday, November 24, 2006

System Down for a Week

North Central Washington Portal has been down for maintenanceLast week I was lucky enough to recognize the warning signs, a hard drive in my computer was about to fail. Even though I keep current backups, to be on the safe side, I decided to back up the entire drive. I used blank DVD's to back up the data. The problem was, cheap blank DVD's only hold 4.5 gigabytes of data, the hard drive had almost 250 gigabytes of data. I ended up using 52 blank DVD's.

Of course, one of the signs of hard drive failure, is that they start running really slow. This means backing up onto those 52 DVD's took a very long time. Luckily, no data was lost. On my next reboot of the computer, a message ran across the monitor telling me that the hard drive was due for critical failure and needed to be immediately backed up and replaced. I'm glad I caught it early. The drive has been replaced, the data restored, and now it's time to get back to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

changle 04
Shoes Outlet Online offer the shoes what are worn correctly and stylish, whatever you like sporting or walking,a shoe is the basic demand.Go and choose a pair of shoes which is fashion,classical and retro,all these are based on your personal style.Supra Skytops are very fit for a man or woman who likes to play basketball outdoor.this shoes can protect your ankle well.there is such a small courageous people who wear habits, irritable personality, staying power, lack of willpower, likely to have heart and lung disease in the change.Nike Free 2011 is the average thinning serious: this clear to wear your look is right, people who wear shoes this occurs, you can get health and longevity.i