Blog

Friday, December 15, 2006

North Central Washington Wind Storm

Wind stormA wind storm hit the west coast and continued on over the Cascades into eastern Washington late last night. Many trees and power lines went down. Lots of debris everywhere.

If I remember correctly, it was about 2:00am when I was awoken by a fierce wind that sounded like a bomb hitting the side of my house. It only took a moment to figure out that the wind storm that had plagued Seattle earlier in the day had made it's way over the mountains to us. I grabbed a flashlight, found a lighter and candles, and laid back down in bed. About five minutes later the power shut off. Luckily I had a portable radio so I could keep up to date on the storm.

I was quite discouraged to hear that my child's school wasn't canceled today, like so many other local schools. I even called them to double check. With no hot water and the food in the refrigerator already making an unpleasant order. We left the comfort of are warm bed to get dressed in the cold by candlelight and stop by McDonald's for a less than nutritional breakfast. They must be teaching a very important lesson in school today to want the children to stand outside at the bus stops with icy cold gale force winds blowing down upon them.

Feel free to share your experience with the night of the big wind in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I slept through the night and didn't hear a thing. At the store this morning someone told me an earthquake knocked down some trees on 9th and eastmont in wenatchee.

P said...

Sounds scary..

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what
youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even
now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.



moncler doudoune femme Fashion Life,Wonderful life