Blog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

SayWA Photo Supersite

If you haven't heard yet, Washington State is starting a new tourism website, with the ever so clever title of SayWA. Not exactly sure what to think of that name, but the questionable name isn't the reason for today's post. They have started a campaign using the Flickr website to get local photographers to allow them to use their photos on the new website. I think they are even paying the photographers for the right to use their photos. Well, as a person who has been slowly stockpiling photos over the years to build the North Central Washington Portal website, I can't say that I am happy that the state is going to be able to quickly trump any effort I have of building a great photo directory of North Central Washington by offering the one thing I can't, quick cash.

I, of course, could also open a Flickr account and ask local North Central Washington photographers if they would allow me to use their photos, but the only thing I could offer would be a link to the photographers website or blog. I now know what a small business owner must feel like in Chelan right now. SayWA looks to be my equivalent of Walmart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

changle 02
Don't you want to let your long hair float up and you even want to protect your long hair healthy,but you don't know how to do.Don't worry!Let’s talk about hair care.I think it is going around at this point that the environment,coloring,and heat treating can all harm hair.But it’s the last detail that I want to focus on, maybe all damages from heat straightening.One of the latest hair trends is the heat protection sprays,with many flat styler companies,Ghd Hair Australia is a perfect selection.What is more,like Nike Australia inventing their own fashional style and design feature.In addition,Supra Skytop Shoes are also used by overpronators who tends to roll their feet during the running gait,which may weaken foot and ankle muscles and a waste of energy with every foot strike if the incorrect shoes are worn.